We’re in the winter season and apparently snow isn’t enough for you folks! We’ve heard you say that you want more ice….more slushy magic! You can easily make your own slushy magic at home, and before you ask, yes – you can make your own slush without a slush machine! As our loyal customers, we’re sure you’ve been thinking about how to replicate Us 4 Slush’s magic at home, and we have the details right here, right now for you. Here’s how to make your own slushy drink at home. It’s very simple and quick to make, especially if you don’t have a slush machine!
To make your slushy magic, you will need:
- 2x Freezer Bags.
- Sugar Drink or Fruit Juice (we would recommend Us 4 Slush syrup!)
- Water or Ice-Cubes.
- Firstly, you will need to mix salt and water (or ice cubes) into a freezer bag, essentially creating a bag of salt water. Ensure that the salt dissolves.
- Grab another freezer bag and pour in two cups of Us 4 Slush syrup (or sugar drink or fruit juice).
- Insert the freezer bag containing the syrup/sugar drink/fruit juice into the freezer bag containing saltwater.
- Lastly, you need to shake the freezer bags together for a few minutes. The result is a mouthwatering slush puppy magic!
The Science Behind Slush:
There is science behind the slushy magic! Water freezes and turns into ice at 32°F, but when salt is added, the ice melts and the temperature of the mixture drops to approximately 0°F. Salt lowers the freezing point of water. This is cold enough to freeze your slush syrup, fruit juice or sugar drink!
Don’t want to make your own slushie mix? Not to worry – Us4Slush have got it covered just for you. Looking for a slush machine and slush syrup provider? You’ve come to the right place. We have been making slush for over a decade and show no signs of freezing (whoops, we meant we show no signs of stopping!) What are you waiting for? Go slurp some slush!